Do you wish there were more hours in a day?
You’ve listened to podcasts that promise “5 steps to have more free time”.
It all sounds so simple.
Do these easy things and you’ll have more free time!
While they have good intentions and advice, they lack specificity and tangible instructions. Have you noticed how generic the advice is?
“Plan ahead,” they say.
“Make a list and do it.”
“Get yourself organized.”
All the generic advice misses the HOW.
So you try and…fail. You keep trying…only to find out the advice is outdated and doesn’t work.
You eventually give up.
“It’s impossible to get everything done in the time I have,” as life continues on and your todo list becomes longer by the day.
Let’s be real here.
- “Block off your time and focus!”
- “Prioritize your todos!”
- “Organize yourself!”
- “Get clarity!”
- “Set a timer and do it!”
Yet they all fall short on delivering that promise because they make YOU do the work. YOU have to figure it out. YOU have to try it on your own, fail at it, and keep trying until you figure it out.
It’s easy for them to say it and hard for you to figure it out.
And they force you to make drastic changes to your life.
I’ve tried them all and none have worked for me and our coaching clients.
But in early 2008, I discovered a method that allowed me to win back multiple hours a week.
I was working at a life coaching business in Los Angeles, CA and I was having a conversation with the COO of the company. The Chief Operating Officer was responsible for optimizing all the processes and systems so everything ran like clockwork. He was obsessed with process optimization.
Anything he could do to save a few minutes on a process could save hours of work across multiple departments and result in thousands of dollars in cost savings.
One example was sending out invoices and collecting the money that was owed. This used to be done manually by a person. It took about 30 minutes to prepare an invoice and oftentimes anywhere between 1-2 hours for follow ups to collect the money.
He and I worked together to systemize this process where it became almost automated. Within a few hours, we’ve created a system for it.
Preparing an invoice became a 7-minute task.
The follow ups were now automated and saved us 1-2 hours a week.
We saved the company at least 1 hour and 23 minutes per vendor. With multiple vendors, we saved at least 10+ hours a week of work and lots of cost savings.
Then it hit me…
What if you apply that idea to your personal life?
What if I apply process optimization to my life?
Everything you and I do at work is a process.
All the repetitive work is essentially a collection of systems and processes.
No one was talking about this concept at this time.
But I had a hunch. If I could build efficient systems in my daily routine at work…I could save potentially a lot of time.
Building systems was the key to freeing up my time.
But it was a pain to figure out.
I found all these great tools, but man, a lot of them are more complicated than their websites make it look! I’m not a programmer, but I’m pretty technical and even for me, I had to spend a lot of time messing around to get the tools to do what I wanted. They’re not user-friendly for non-programmers like us, and the instructions don’t make sense a lot of the time.
But I kept going, and after hours and hours of time, I finally had my efficient system set up. I was able to set up automated systems that saved me hours of digging through paper, and I became much more responsive and helpful to the company.
I was finally able to leave work at a decent time and my days stopped being hectic.
A few weeks later, I taught this at a company offsite and everyone loved it. They started applying the efficient systems I’ve created and saw similar results.
Then I successfully taught systems to my dad, and I knew anyone could do it (he’s a smart guy — tech’s just not his thing).
Now my dad and I are both systems pros. It’s changed our lives.
All these systems that help you save time are what we call Efficiency Systems.
Their purpose is to make your work simpler and easier so you stop squandering time.
They do all the heavy lifting for you. You don’t have to worry about figuring out how to do it. The Efficiency Systems will do the work for you.
But before I get into the specifics and all the Efficiency Systems we use, I want to ask you something:
Does Any of This Sound Like You?
1. You know the benefits of systems but haven’t set it up yet.
2. You’ve tried building systems and even checked out a couple tools, but when you tried setting them up, you got overwhelmed.
3. You’ve tried to systemize your workflows in the past, but you found that trying to set up the system took you longer than it would have just to do it manually. You’d like to systemize, but you’ve been afraid to try again.
2. You don’t know if systems will work for you.
3. You’re not technical (as one of our clients said, “Coding and scripts scare me, I don’t even know what they are.”)
Why You Haven’t Been Able to Systemize (It’s Not Your Fault)
1. Confusing Instructions
They assume a prior level of tech knowledge that you don’t have. As one client said:
“My biggest frustration is that I don’t understand the jargon or technical wording to set up a system — I lack the basics. I would love to set up a text automator or Alfred but I just don’t understand the directions. I have tried setting up workflows and can’t quite get them to work because I really lack the basic computer knowledge. I find it difficult to find the time to teach myself the basics.”
Plus, it seems like you need so many different programs to systemize all the different things you have to keep track of, so systems seem time-consuming and confusing.
And because the instructions are confusing, you’re not 100% sure you set it up right, so you end up double checking everything…which ADDS time instead of saving it.
You worry that to really get it right, you’ll have to buy a book or read a manual before you can use a tool. And there are SO many tools out there. Who has the time to read that many manuals? Which brings me to my next point…
2. Lack of Time
“My biggest challenge is finding the time to set up and learn the automation techniques. I am SO busy growing my businesses that the automation tasks have a tough time breaking into my priority list.”
And if you’re REALLY busy, the amount of time you spend on repetitive tasks doesn’t leave you time to set up the automation you need!
But you ask yourself: is it worth spending hours on research and setup to possibly get nowhere?
3. Systems Seems Cool but Not Helpful
“I’m not doing a lot of automation, as I don’t see a lot of real time-saving opportunities to systemize. I’ve checked IFTTT, Zapier, etc. but the feeling I get is that most applets are cool but not really helpful.”
What if you spend a lot of time getting something to function the way you want it to, and then there isn’t adequate ROI for that type of task?
So you connect two apps with Zapier and that saves you a couple seconds…so what?
As another client wrote us: “I haven’t found an area where systems can help me. And the apps that are available for making systems all seem too complicated and come with little to no instruction.”
Why People Fail at Systems
To take a non-computer example to prove the point, one client said:
“My Roomba. Works great, except when it doesn’t. Then I need to prioritize time (which means something else does not get done) to sit down, troubleshoot, watch YouTube videos, and clean/fix it. At that point, it is quicker and easier to just pull out the vacuum and do the work manually.”
Imagine Systems That Save You 5 Hours a Week, with Zero Effort or Technical Skill
Imagine never doing a repetitive task on your computer or phone again.
- Typing your email address, phone number, or mailing address…
- Answering a frequently asked client question…
- Entering information into contracts…
ALL of it happens in less than a second. Effortlessly. And you did zero coding or setup yourself. It was all just taken care of. It all works flawlessly, so you never have to check it to be sure it worked.
You save 5 hours a week, getting 260 hours a year of your life back.
What would you do with an extra hour every workday?
- Finish work one hour early every day?
- Spend an hour every morning working on a passion project?
- Devote an hour every day to reading, meditation, prayer, or exercise?
That’s why I’m so excited to show you how to get that: Efficiency Systems that work — effortlessly.
Introducing Automation Academy:
Your Path to Saving 5+ Hours Per Week
Imagine being able to deal with email in just 30 minutes a day. Or creating contracts, reports, and documents in just a few clicks.
Anything you do daily, weekly, and monthly can be systemized.
It’s all possible. And what’s even better: by the end of the course you’ll be able to make your own Efficiency Systems and save even more time.
Everything You’ll Get to Save 5+ Hours Per Week
You’ll get 12 plug-and-play Efficiency Systems that you can use with just a couple clicks (and zero technical setup or coding skills). These systems will:
- Automatically download email attachments and — based on the type of file — take different actions, so you can sort everything where it needs to go without having to read every single email as it comes in.
- Scan documents and have them automatically filed into folders, so the info is there when you need it with zero effort.
- Automating how to deal with emails quickly, so you maintain Inbox Zero in only 30 minutes a day.
- Automate repetitive finance + bookkeeping tasks, so taxes and bookkeeping become smooth and hassle free, and your time is freed up for more important stuff.
- Extract information from a file, so you don’t have to waste time hunting it down.
- Sort, file, and rename scanned documents (PDF), like hand written notes or hand written notes on printed emails. Save those important documents without having to hang onto documents forever! You could even use this for greeting cards and personal letters.
- Automate how your downloaded files get dealt with, so they’re sent to the correct place and then deleted from the downloads folder.
- Pay bills automatically every month without ever worrying about being a day late again.
- Keep up with the on-going and monthly recording of various home-related accounts: utilities, credit cards, cable bill (split amongst business and personal internet, phone, and media), tracking of business mileage, etc. Simplify the record keeping and eliminate paper through automation.
- Color code old files in your downloads folder, so you can easily tell what’s new.
- Move iPhone/iPad photos from Airdrop to desktop folder, so all your photos are in one place and you don’t have to look on different devices and social media accounts to find them.
- Rename bank statements and move them to your finance folder, just in case you ever need them later.
- Rename invoices and move them to an invoices folder, so you can quickly and easily bill clients.
- Share screenshots and videos with people without uploading anything.
- Move stuff from your desktop/downloads folder to elsewhere, so it stays organized and you know where stuff is.
- Have journal templates created automatically every day, so there’s zero friction when you sit down to journal. Your template prompts you, so you stick to your daily journaling ritual.
- Make your weekly review much easier, because the template is auto-generated at the day and time you want, every single week.
- Delete emails automatically if they’re from a specified sender and a certain number of days have gone by (Outlook and Gmail).
- Control and track several versions of the same files without getting confused and accidentally wasting time by working on the wrong one.
If you want to stick with just the plug-and-play Efficiency Systems we give you, that’s great — they cover all the most commonly requested systems we’ve ever gotten. But if you want to go ninja on your systems and save even more time, we show you how to do that, too (with zero coding skill).
Automation Tools Checklist + Discount Codes
We’ve also negotiated exclusive Automation Academy students-only discounts on these software tools, so you’ll save money when you get them.
Recorded Coaching Calls
You’ll get access to four recorded implementation calls where we helped Asian Efficiency clients setup advanced workflows. These recordings will show you examples of how others have implemented advanced automations and show you examples that aren’t part of the main course.
5 monthly payments of $89
- 12 Plug-and-Play Efficiency Systems
- 15 Over-the-Shoulder Training Videos
- Bonus: Web Automation Masterclass
- Bonus: Outlook Automation Masterclass
- Bonus: Automation Tools Checklist and Discounts
- 4 Recorded Coaching Calls
- 12 Plug-and-Play Efficiency Systems
- 15 Over-the-Shoulder Training Videos
- Bonus: Web Automation Masterclass
- Bonus: Outlook Automation Masterclass
- Bonus: Automation Tools Checklist and Discounts
- 4 Recorded Coaching Calls
Bonus: The Automation Academy Library — to Save You Even More Time
In the Library, you’ll get access to advanced and time-saving automation workflows and scripts that we use at Asian Efficiency to save time. These are things we use ourselves to run our business, manage our personal lives and families, maintain Inbox Zero in 30 minutes a day, and more. These materials include topics such as how AE uses Zapier to automate business processing, how Thanh and Brooks use Typing Automation with their personal examples, and demonstrations of personal workflows that Thanh (founder of AE) uses to rain his day to day life.
These plug-and-play systems are not found inside the course — this is a special bonus for only the first 25 people who enroll right now.
I have worked in a windows PC environment for 20+ years and thought that I knew how to use my tools efficiently. Now it feels like I knew nothing. Furthermore I work in a restricted environment where I cannot install programs of my choice.
After the first two course videos I learned workflows that directly saved me one work hour per week, and it wasn’t even difficult (and no need of installing special programs). By employing a few additional automation strategies I found an additional hour per week. As a bonus many of the tasks that I do require so much less effort now.
This course is great value for money. I am not a high tech guy. My tools should just work with as little maintenance and effort as possible. If this works for me it will work for anybody. I wish that I knew this 10 years ago!
Oh my I am obsessed with this course. First, the new keyboard shortcuts and Explorer tricks alone have saved me so much headache from dealing with files I can’t find. I am excited to try this at my home computer too where I use a MacBook Pro. At work I’m limited to Windows so I like that you have a course that addresses both platforms. Most of the things I’ve done so far are on my work computer and luckily I was able to do most things even though we have strict IT policies at our office.
Second, your email automations are a game changer. I implemented one of them last year from a podcast episode (the unsubscribe trick) and after seeing a video about more email automations, I’m obsessed trying to get more efficient at email. Since I use Outlook at work and Gmail at home I’m happy to see you have both covered in this course. You guys have really thought through everything!
When I think of all the time I’ve saved so far it’s probably close to 2-3 hours a week and I haven’t even implemented everything I wanted yet! That’s really exciting to me. I think my husband will love this course too because he is always bogged down by annoying little things on his computer. I might be able to finally teach him something about computers.
I first heard about AE back in 2015 and bought the morning routine course. That helped me a lot so I was really excited when I first heard about Automation Academy because I’ve always struggled with automation. I am not technical at all and I feel lots of tools intimidate me. But with my other AE courses I’ve always found them to be simple and easy to go through so I had high expectations for this course.
After going through the first few videos I learned so many automation tricks that I never heard of before! I implemented the Saved Searches and that alone will save me an hour a day finding files I need at my accounting firm. The video on Automatically Organizing Your Desktop and Downloads alone was worth the course for me because these two places are always a mess for me.
Thanks to these workflows I was able to clear them and keep them organized for two weeks now with almost no effort on my part. It’s magically being organized in the background!! Since I deal with lots of email attachments and different file versions this setup has been so helpful to me. Thank you AE for making this course! I think anyone who is too busy figuring stuff out and just wants proven workflows should get this course.
When I first heard about Automation Academy I wasn’t sure if this right for me. I work in corporate America where I cannot install any apps and tools. My background is in liberal arts so I am far from technical which was my reservation if I would get any value from the course. Luckily the course shows you how to automate tasks that don’t require other tools which made me very happy and it was really easy to do! With the few things I’ve learned already I was able to save at least an hour a week (I love the automated file launchers and use them as reminders now for things I need to do like my weekly review and checking email). I still have a few things I want to implement but what I’ve learned so far already has been worth it for me. Thank you Asian Efficiency and the team for creating this course.
Regional Sales Manager
I love spending my time figuring out our family genealogy. The challenge is that I find myself drenched and overwhelmed by email attachments, images, PDF files and such. Trying to organize everything takes a lot of time and finding records that I need always takes a lot of time on my computer. After watching a few videos of the Automation Academy I was able to learn a few search and organization tricks to help me save time finding what I need. I also implemented a few workflows from the course to help me access files faster and deal with emails more efficiently which I appreciate. Thank you for making this easy for folks like me.
How to Save 5+ Hours Per Week Starting Today
And honestly, that’s low-balling it. If you use ALL the systems we provide, you could easily save 10+ hours a week.
Here’s everything you get:
- 12 plug-and-play Efficiency Systems that you can use with only a few clicks and zero coding, technical skills, or setup.
- Training on how to set up your own Efficiency Systems beyond what we give you.
- Automation tools checklist + discount codes.
- Bonus: if you’re one of the first 25 to enroll: the Automation Academy Library with our personal workflows and scripts to save you even more time.
- Bonus: Web Automation Masterclass with advanced systems using Zapier and IFTTT to connect your devices and productivity apps together for more efficiency systems (value $200).
- Bonus: Recorded Implementation Calls where you get to see how we’ve coached AE clients implement new efficiency systems that are not covered inside the course. Discover how other peers, like you, are using our efficiency systems and discover new ones that you will be able to use to win back even more time (value $200).
- Bonus: Outlook Automation Masterclass with our efficiency systems to assist you and save time using Outlook. Make Outlook work for you, not the other way around and spend less time in your email inbox with this masterclass (value $200).
This one-time investment will get you EVERYTHING listed above, and you can keep it forever. The total value is over $1,000 but you won’t be paying that. Get everything you need to win back, systemize your work, and freedom to focus on what matters most at a fraction of the cost.
Within 10 minutes of enrolling in the course, you’ll have watched the welcome video, downloaded your first automation, and you’ll already be using it.
60-day Moneyback Guarantee
But if for any reason you want your money back, just email us within the first 60 days, and we’ll give you a prompt, courteous refund. You don’t even have to give us a reason why, and you can download and keep all workflows — we’re that confident that this course will save you time.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am not technical at all. Would this course apply to me?
Is this Mac or Windows only?
Do I need to buy additional tools to make this course work for me?
There are tools like File Juggler, Hazel, Textexpander, and such. We cover those, too, but they’re not required as part of the course. If you do want to buy them, go ahead, and we have arranged special discounts for these tools. (Another benefit from enrolling in this course.)
I Missed the Chance to Talk with My Grandparents — Forever
Quick note from Thanh, founder and CEO of Asian Efficiency:
This caused me a lot of shame over the years. I love Vietnamese culture and think of myself as Vietnamese-Dutch, so it felt wrong to not speak Vietnamese.
But the biggest shame of all was that I could never speak with my grandparents. They didn’t speak Dutch or English, and I didn’t speak Vietnamese. We loved each other and had many special moments together, but there was always this gulf between us. My life in the Netherlands and U.S. was very foreign to them, and I could never truly share my experiences with them the way I wanted to.
I never got a chance to talk to them and really get to know them. They lived through events I can only imagine, like the Vietnamese War, and I’ll never know what it was like for them.
I live with that regret every day.
Why didn’t I learn Vietnamese? I was always busy and didn’t have time.
That’s why I’m so passionate about teaching non-technical people how to save 5+ hours a week with automation. Automation’s great, but that’s not what it’s really about.
It’s about having time for the most important things in your life. Things you can never buy, because time passes and you can never get it back.
Your kids growing up…
Weekly date nights with your spouse…
Going to that ball game with your dad you’ve been talking about for years…
Surprising your mom with a Mother’s Day visit…
THAT’S what the Automation Academy is really about. Making sure you don’t end your life with regrets, because your time was taken up with boring, meaningless, manual tasks instead of what matters: family and friends.
Don’t wait too long like I did.
All Rights Reserved